Containerised Trickling Water Filtration
Water & The Future
AS AutoMech Solutions has expanded it’s range of products and services significantly over the past 24 months putting much more emphasis on Water. This includes the treatment of water for human consumption and other related requirements as well as treating water after usage by humans, mines and other industrial applications. Technology used varies from conventional Settlers, DAF units, or a wide variety of membrane technology and in some cases micro and bacterial organisms.
Trickling filter utilize attached growth technology and would be the most appropriate technology currently available to treat a fluctuating inflow to the required environmental standards.
The effectiveness of Reverse Osmosis
- Production of demineralised water for pharmaceutical applications
- Preparation of ultra-pure water
- Water recovery and reuse by removal of dissolved salts
- Drinking water production
- Boiler feed water treatment
- Bottled mineral water followed by remineralisation
- Desalination for sea-and brackish water for portable use
Micro & Ultra Filtration – MF & UF
Micro and Ultrafiltration is a membrane filtration process and provides an alternative to conventional pre-treatment. In this method water is only pre-filtered with a common screen filter before being filtered at high pressure through a membrane, separating the water from contaminants within it. Ultrafiltration (UF) is a cross-flow process similar to Reverse Osmosis (RO). A pressurised feed stream flows parallel to a porous membrane filtration surface. A pressure differential forces water through the membrane. The membrane rejects particulates, organics, microbes, pyrogens, and other contaminants that are too large to pass through the membrane. Ultrafiltration can be used on its own for water purification or as a pre-treatment for reverse osmosis.
Further Alternative Options & Technologies Available
Continuous electro-deionisation is the removal of ions from water by using electrodes (cathode and anode) to attract the ions in the water through selective permeable membranes and ion exchange resins, thus removing the cations and anions from the feed compartment.
CEDI is used in:
- Production of USP (United States Pharmacopeia) grade water for Pharmaceutical applications
- Production of feed to WFI (Water for Injection) Distillation plants
- Polishing step in boiler feed water production
- Microelectronics / Semiconductor makeup and rinse waters
Typical applications include:
- RO and NF pre-treatment
- Industrial and municipal wastewater reclamation
- Ultra-pure water production
- Seawater desalination
- Ion-exchange pre-treatment
- Potable water production
- Industrial wastewater treatment for discharge
- Resource recovery from industrial waste streams
- Groundwater treatment for industrial or municipal use
- Surface water treatment for industrial or municipal use
- Seawater reverse osmosis pre-treatment
- Industrial water treatment effluent reclamation
- Municipal or sewage treatment effluent reclamation
- Reuse (water recycling)
Water treatment Projects
AS Automation Solutions has successfully designed, engineered, fabricated and automated several UF, MF,RO and other similar plants ranging from 10M^3/Hr right up to the latest Ahavo 120M^3/hr RO plants. Again as with all out other projects, our strength lies in a one stop Turnkey Solutions, with all aspects from drafting to quality engineering right up to shop commissioned and tested plants being shipped Internationally supporting our many customers.